Wednesday, February 10, 2016

OOOhh Wee...It's Warren G. That's Pastor Warren G. Brookins

You never know where being behind the microphone will lead
 

Life is a journey which sends us on various paths. Paths are no more than opportunities waiting to happen. In the fall of 1985, I began walking the path of a broadcast career in radio, one of many things I inspired to do in life. I grew up listening to WCIN 1480 AM from 1960 through its last chapters. As a board operator (a producer the modern day terminology), I used what I had learned while studying communications at the University of Cincinnati. I was silent in my early days just running the board and dubbing spots. After a short run of a classical format, R&B returned to WCIN airways. A slot was open for the weekend late evennings position. Everett Cork ask me to fill the position in January 1990. Thus the character OOh Wee Warren G. was born and introduced to the Cincinnati market. I held the position until May of 1993. Today I still stand behind the mike as the Pastor of Berean Experience Church, Hamilton, OH. Here's a little known fact: Many of WCIN DJs left radio to pursue ministry or preaching. Things that make you say Hmm. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog welcomes comments from those who visit, so feel free to do so! Go to the drop-down box and select "Name" and put your name there!!