Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WCIN Promotion by Steve Harris back in 1988

I can remember this just like it was yesterday. I watched Steve Harris put this thing together from all the pieces. I've always been fascinated by radio production and watching this process really intrigued me made me work on my production skills a whole lot more. I invite you now to go back to that spot at 107 Glenwood Ave. where we continuing the tradition of entertaining and informing the community from a very unique perspective.  Perhaps you were one who made the journey there to pick up tickets to a concert, records, cassettes or like so many others...just stopped by because you were in the area.  Maybe your mother or father drove you there and you listened to the station in the car while your "driver" sang at the top of his or her lungs 'cause their favorite song was playing.  Now, today you have that song forever burned into your spirit and you just smile because of that great memory. Memories...that's what WCIN made..lasting memories that will go with all of us who were fortunate to experience it from both the inside and the outside. As you listen to the sounds of 1988..think of all the good things that revolved around a radio station that you could and still can call your very own...I won't/can't forget and will do all that I can to make sure that you won't either....WCIN 1480AM FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog welcomes comments from those who visit, so feel free to do so! Go to the drop-down box and select "Name" and put your name there!!